These quick and easy carrot breads are ideal for breakfast or to compliment a soup dish.
- 1 ½ ounce of butter
- 2 ounces of carrot
- ¼ cup of rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cup of wheat flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup cultured buttermilk
You will need parchment paper, unless you have an oven tray that is very non-stick.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Take the butter out of the fridge, you need room temperature butter for this recipe.
- Peel and finely grate the carrot.
- In a bowl, mix rolled oats, wheat flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the butter and use your hands to form a dough.
- Add carrots and buttermilk to the dough. Use your hands to swiftly blend the ingredients together, rather than kneading the dough. The end result should be a rather sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into four parts and form each part into a bun. (Having some flour on your hands will make this stage easier.) Put the buns on parchment paper on an oven tray and flatten them a bit.
- Bake the buns in the middle of the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Leave the buns too cool a bit outside the oven before serving.